The Lackland Fisher House has implemented the following guidelines for eligibility in regards to potential guests inquiring about our organization:
- Guest must have a military affiliation (Active Duty, Retired, Reserves, Veteran) and be actively receiving medical care at one of the nearby medical facilities (Wilford Hall, SAMMC, VA Hospital or Medical Center). Their family members are eligible to stay with the patient regardless of their military status.
- Guest must have a permanent, verifiable residence more than 40 miles from Lackland Air Force Base in order to be eligible to stay at the Lackland Fisher House.
- Patients are eligible to stay at the Fisher House alone as long as they are fully able to care for themselves. Children are not to be left unattended while the patient is receiving medical care.
- Patients are eligible to stay at the Fisher House regardless of medical condition as long as the condition does not require Home Health services. No medical personnel can enter the Fisher House to provide care on an outpatient basis.
- Lackland Fisher House does not allow pets with the sole exception of Certified Service Dogs.