Put Your Hands Where Your Heart Is!
At Lackland Fisher House, our volunteers play a key role in supporting our Mission and Vision. Volunteer your time and talent to help military families who are away from home while their loved ones receive medical treatment due to illness, disease or injury. Your loving heart and helping hands can support them through the services provided by Lackland Fisher House.
No amount of time is too short; no amount of talent is too small! Volunteer shifts are normally available Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm. Currently, we do not have weekend availability. Sign up individually or with a group (groups are limited to 8 people). Volunteer opportunities include the following:
- meal preparation for our guests
- run a goods donation drive from our Wish List
- prepare and drop off baked goods for our guests
- daily household jobs (such as folding linens, cleaning, re-stocking household goods)
- special projects or events (such as organizing a Bingo/game night or musical presentation)
- provide free tickets to a base or community event (such as a sports or musical event)
- decorate for holidays
- house monitor
Have your own idea for a project? Let us know!
Contact and Apply
For more information about volunteering at Lackland Fisher House, please contact Alexandra Murray, Volunteer Coordinator: call 210-671-6029 or e-mail Volunteer-FHI@sbcglobal.net
How to Apply:
- Fill out an application (Individual or Group).
- Return completed applications to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- You must speak with the Volunteer Coordinator prior to arriving to volunteer. A schedule will be made available as to what days and times are open and areas that may interest you or your group.
There is no restriction as to who can volunteer at the Lackland Fisher Houses as long as the individual or group is able to gain access onto JBSA Lackland. Proper state issued identification, current registration and insurance is required for base access for those that do not have a military ID or base access.
One of the best ways YOU can help is by spreading the word about Fisher House. We can arrange for a staff member to come to your business, school etc. and provide an overview of our Mission.